Have questions? Want to place
an order? Call our trained staff today.
Mon-Fri 9-5, EST.
Uncle John's Fried Rice Recipe
1 box Uncle Ben's boil-in-bag white rice
(4 bags per box)- we used brown rice -
1.25 pounds pork steak, boneless chops, etc.
1 large green pepper
1 large onion
bit of olive oil, butter, or whatever for saute'
largest skillet you have
sharp chef's knife
Tristan did his best to make this like Uncle
John - It tasted the same - Just not with the same flair that
Uncle John, an experienced cook has in the kitchen.
Here we go, & if you do it in this order
just like Uncle John - it comes out all finished together
in under an hour, & that's with all prep + cooking + total
clean up, yay!!. And from eating it over the years - you KNOW
how big a pot of fried rice this makes, therefore you'll have
PLENTY for the week. Or if you love it as much as I do - eat
it for every breakfast, lunch, & dinner until it's gone,
1. Put stockpot of water on to boil.
2. Begin chopping up green pepper, onion, & pork, approx
3. Drop rice bags in pot as soon as water boiling & turn
4. Finish chopping if not already completed.
5. Whisk up your dozen eggs
6. Heat tsp or so of olive oil or butter in skillet.
7. Add eggs to skillet & scramble them to very-hard-scramble
8. Get that rice out as soon as done & drop bags in colander
in sink to drain.
9. Dump your scrambled eggs in the stockpot used for rice.
10. Add a bit more oil/butter to same skillet used for eggs.
11. Drop pork into skillet & cook til almost done.
12. Add green peppers & onions to pork & cook til
onions translucent & green peppers no longer crunchy.
Add soy sauce along the way to juice it up. Not too much or
will be too salty.
13. Dump finished pork mixture & rice into stockpot with
eggs. Gently mix thoroughly. Add more soy sauce as needed.
14. Wash up skillet, colander, & whatever you used to
chop on & with. (Omit this step if you are a lazy sort,
then regret it later, & remember I told you so.)
15. Harass everyone who isn't yet at the table, but in a good
way because, after all, you are being Uncle John.
16. Wait impatiently, dramatically, & comically as wines
are discussed & chosen & all glasses are filled which
should have already been done while your back was turned cooking
17. Make sure everyone is at table with a heaping plate before
you sit down.
18. EAT. And EAT. And EAT.
19. Remember you were going to have salad with this &
then say, "Who needs salad when there is fried rice to
20. Pour more wine.
Directions, notes and sarcasm written by